My ads

My ads

Saturday, June 6, 2009

Well Blog a few weeks to catchup on where shall one start


Oh Last time I wrote my brother and Sister came to visit, Also a mate called Jay.

Jay came a few days before my family, I met Jay on his first day and we had a few crafty beers in Zest, This is one cool bar in Roppongi its very hard to find as its not on the main street but a happy hour that lasts from 11:30 till 7pm is nothing to be laughted at its a must for a couple of brits. At 200 yen for a beer you cant go wrong. esp when the avg beer in Roppongi is 1200 yen lol.
the next day I met Jay at my work, the building is just above Roppongi-I-chome station and is a must see if you are on a budget as you can get about the same veiw as the Tokyo Tower for free. :) Dont say I told you to go up the building if Security stop you lol.
Jay with Baby Ted in Yokohama
Jay went off on an nice trip, He spent 1 week doing Kyoto, Nara, Hiroshima, Nigata. before meeting up with all of us again in Tokyo.
Jay's recomendations of what to see in the south of Japan.
Jay go the Train from Tokyo down Nigata first he just went there to meed a friend not really that much to see, he took the train from there to Kyoto, Jay was not as impressed with Kyoto as he knows like me that its all a reconstion, however, he did like Gion and the Golden temple they are worth seeing.
his next step Nara, This is worth the travel so many nice temples and the park on a nice day its worth taking the whole day to gaze around and see the city a lot to do. From feeding the deers to picnics in the park or even just playing in the arcade and taking a trip round the local shops.
Down to Hiroshima, A nice city full of Army at night though so not nice to go out, but well worth seeing the peace museum. A little sickening in some places but you get to know when the Americans dropped the bombs on negisaki and Hiroshima. It was because the water was so deep in those parts so if the bombs missed they would have dropped in the water and they would have been hard to recover and reverse engineer. If you believe that you will believe anything. lol.
Back to Tokyo, if your a tourist and doing this trip then I would recomend a Japan rail pass as a return trip to Nara to Tokyo will cost the same.


No comments:

Post a Comment