My ads

My ads

Monday, April 27, 2009

Looking forwad to my golden week :)


Its been really strange latley with out my Kaito here, I guess its been good in some ways as I have finally be able to work on my sites and my blogs. I have a site about my name its called http://www.jagosofcornwall.com/ this site is very important to me and I spend every bit of time I can doing it. However, I relise with my work and my hobbie's this site sybase-help.blogspot.com sql2005ted.blogspot.com I have kind of neglited my kids. What a bad dad one might say :( feel sad that this has been the case. I have always thought of myself as a good father, so that is why I am looking forward to seeing my Kai again i miss him too much. It's wired last year we did not do anything for boys day as Kai was too small and this year I wanted to do something and Kai is away and Ted is too small :(. I guess there will be next year if we are still in Japan.


Thats another story for later.


Well lets get back to golden week. What will one do. Well my wife Hiroko and I and Little Ted will go to Akita my wife is from there and that is where Kai is now. So we will go and pick him up and give us a well deserved break.



Akita one might ask what the hell is there to do in Akita. Well my wife once told me Akita means boring. :) but not really Akita is a nice place and it has a lot of history, Akita Ranga for one. Yoshinobu satake's castle. Akita Fuji and Namahage. A strange moster that take's your kids if they dont sleep at night or something like that.

"Namahage is a Japanese ritual which is observed throughout Oga Peninsula, Akita Prefecture in northern Honshū, Japan. It is said[citation needed] to have originated as a ritual for cleansing people's souls, and for blessing the new year. It is a kind of toshigami.
On
New Year's Eve, a group of young men dressed up as fierce demons or bogeymen, Namahage, visit each house in the village, shouting: "any misbehaving kids live here?" They then scare children in the houses, telling them not to be lazy or cry, though little children often do burst into tears. Then the parents will assure the Namahage that there is no bad child in their house, and give food or traditional Japanese alcoholic beverages to the demons.
An obvious purpose of the festival is to encourage young children to obey their parents and to behave, important qualities in Japan's heavily structured society.
Similar traditions in other regions are called:
Amamehagi in
Hokuriku.
Amaburakosagi in
Shikoku.
Suneka, Anmo, Nagomi or Nagomihakuri in northern
Iwate prefecture. "


From Wikipedia Namahagewa Kawaii ne hehe not scary. :)
We whats more I am relishing the time off work I have not had a break now for around a year. Last time I had a holiday was last year back to the UK for 1 week for my brothers wedding This being I come from a country where anything less than 3 weeks holiday is a joke. You need that time to enjoy yourself.
I am really going to love May. :) More for later Sayonara.



にほんブログ村 海外生活ブログ 日本での国際生活へ
にほんブログ村


にほんブログ村 恋愛ブログ 国際結婚へ
にほんブログ村


にほんブログ村 英語ブログ 英語の日記へ
にほんブログ村

No comments:

Post a Comment